Re: FCPTools; initial .debs ready

On Tuesday 09 July 2002 17:15 pm, christophe barbé wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 09, 2002 at 03:47:25PM -0400, Jay Oliveri wrote:
> >
> > I have .debs that I believe are ready, at least for installation
> > testing.  I'd like to place them somewhere so that they can be
> > downloaded via a direct URL, but perhaps not yet through apt-get or
> > any other way.
>
> Are we supposed to guess was this is all about ?
> What is fcptools ?

OK, perhaps I didn't do this very well.  FCPTools is a WNNP:
(http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no\&bug=134137)

> > I do not have space/access on any debian server as of yet, so help
> > in this area would be appreciated.
>
> Have you started the NM process ?

No I have not.  I was hoping to work with a mentor who can assist in
getting the tools into the distro, and in the meantime perhaps start
the NM process in parallel.

> > ps. One last nagging thing; the scripts do not appear to build the
> > source distro.  There's an entry in the .tgz file for the fcptools
> > directory, but nothing else. (?)
>
> Which script ?

I think this is something I can handle on my own.  I'm mainly
interested in moving the Tools into Debian itself.

--
Jay Oliveri                                  "In the land of the blind,
Systems Architect                             the one-eyed man is king."