Re: Advice on source package name for multibinary packages

Pablo,

> In which cases one is allowed to change upstream package name for the
> tarball. For instance, if I am packaging just 3 binary components out of 10
> in a package named "useless-components-all", should I change the source
> package name to "useless-components-not-all" or something else that prevents
> the confusion?

Just leave the name as it is, since you're not actually dropping the other
components but just not building packages from them. The source still
contains "all" components.

Which leads to another question. Since the source is there, somebody found
the component to be useful for something (or he wouldn't have written it).
What makes you so sure nobody else uses the components you want to leave
out?

   Simon

--
GPG public key available from http://phobos.fs.tum.de/pgp/Simon.Richter.asc
 Fingerprint: 040E B5F7 84F1 4FBC CEAD  ADC6 18A0 CC8D 5706 A4B4