Re: sponsorship for jedit debs

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 01:43:11AM +0100, David H. Askew wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Some time ago I filed the bug report indicating my intentions to
> package jedit.

Would've been nice to cite a bug#.  Never mind, I have located it:
#136535.

> This deb and its releases since the bug report have been
> hosted at www.jedit.org via sourceforge.

Ugh, deb only?  Please provide .diff.gz and .dsc files as well so the
package may be rebuilt from source.  It is very difficult to review your
packaging without these.

I hope jedit's runtime and build dependencies are all in Debian main.
You didn't mention it in the ITP, but this is a possible problem with
a package written in Java.

> I decided to host them at
> sourceforge to allow me to have time to reread the debian.org/devel/
> docs a few more times, as well as give me an opportunity to get some
> reps in creating debian packages.

Sounds good.

> I've been a Debian fanatic for a while now, and would like to make my
> contributions official.

Sure.  As soon as we can actually see them.  As I said, the .deb isn't much
to go on. :)

> I have yet to get my gpg public key signed by a debian developer, but since
> I will probably be moving to Kansas City next month looking for work and
> I'm not currently very close to any developers in my area (Augusta, GA)
> I was planning to wait till I move, before worrying about getting my key
> signed.

Any progress?

> So i guess i'm looking for a sponsor/mentor to
>
> 1) review my packages @ sourceforge.net/projects/jedit and critique them
> 2) sponsor and upload them until i've reached developer status
> 3) aid me in clarifying the requirements for attaining developer status
> 4) etc ..
>
> If you would be willing to help/sponsor me I would greatly appreciate
> it, and if not, I thank you anyway for listening, responding, and even
> flaming if I deserve it.

I might be.  Depends on how your jedit packaging looks and how much time I
can find to help out.

Ben