Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX

From: Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>
Subject: Re: looking for a TeX guy to (help to) package PassiveTeX
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:54:18 -0700

> For my document package which runs debiandoc2latex{pdf,ps}, I provided
> local texmf/texmf.conf by "export TEXMFCNF=texmf/" in my make script.

Yes, update-texmf would be flexible enough to handle
such cases, I hope ;)

> Also, update-texmf is undocumented command (mo manual page).

Umm, sorry but as I am not a native English speaker,
at least I could not write manual page of update-texmf...

> I am start browsing at /usr/share/doc/texmf/index.html but too much to
> read.  I want to know where to find these "Debian" specific info such as
> how to use "update-texm".
>
> Where do you get started TEX in Debian.  Any pointer?

Well, `the TeXbook' but no one will support me ;)

Anyway it is true that we should provide much more good
documentation in tetex packages.

Best regards,		   2002.6.19

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.