getting a package into frozen

Hi, I am the maintainer of the xmms-cdread package, and I have a couple of questions.. First of all, is it possible to get an updated package into frozen without there being a security problem? My package has a problem on PPC and other big-endian architectures wherein the equalizer will just give very loud static if enabled, and it has been fixed in the latest revision (but has not gone into frozen or unstable). If it is possible, how would I go about doing this? And, consequently, the sponsor for my package (mechanix@debian.org) is very very slow in uploading my package.. would someone else be interested in sponsoring my package until my new maintainer application goes through?

--
   ___   ___
  / _ | / _ \   Ari Pollak - ari@aripollak.com - www.aripollak.com