Re: Searching sponsor or advocate for cban and SnortSnarf

On Fri, Jun 07, 2002 at 12:44:13AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:

<snip>
> >   And here my package:
> >   http://www.bee-side.com/cban_0.1.8-2_i386.deb
>
> Uhh, maybe I'm missing something, but what does this do that mrtg proper
> doesn't?

AFAIK, mrtg needs "values" to produce output, like for example snmp
service from a router or a box with a running daemon.
Cban reads network device statistics straight from the kernel
via /proc/net/dev/ and produce output for mrtg to be processed.

You can see this by running only the cban binary from command line
specifiyng the network device for example:
# /usr/bin/cban -i eth0

> --
>      2. That which causes joy or happiness.
>

> --

Fabio Pedrazzoli      | www.bee-side.com | www.rigadicomando.org
Network Administrator | IT Consultant    | GNU/Linux
1024D/4B5DF2FD 594C F51B E7A7 8391 F0E8  49CE 9FFA B2C1 4B5D F2FD