Re: Sponsor required for e2recover

> >I sure have, and it is my recovery tool of choice. What do when RFPs of
> >utilities that do similar tasks come in though? e2recover seems to be
> >maintained and even has an ext2 undeletion howto posted on linuxdoc.org
> >for it.
>
> Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that recover was just e2recover
> with a new name, but the same program.

Actually they are two separate tools. recover helps the user narrow down
the date files were deleted, thus creating a more precise list of their
deleted inodes. It does all the work for the user. e2recover uses output
from debugfs to retrieve a list of all deleted inodes and then stats
those through debugfs to find which ones could possibly form valid
blocks. It includes another utility, fsgrab, that is manually used with
the information e2recover provides to recover data.