Re: README.debian and other changes

Le Mon, Jun 03, 2002 at 11:05:23AM -0500, Brooks R. Robinson a écrit :
> Greetings,
> 	I am playing with packaging a new version of mico since it's been orphaned.
> The README.debian file references the original packaged version and a blurb
> about mico that may be inaccurate.  It seems that this file hasn't been
> updated since it's original packaging.  Is it customary to leave this kind
> of file alone or is there carte blanche to change it.  Also, in the
> changelog, since I am not an official developer (yet), is it appropriate to
> list in the changelog myself as a new maintainer or some blurb about it's
> orphaning and my packaging?

Hi Brooks,

Christophe Prud'homme is working on this package too I think.
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2002/debian-devel-200202/msg02099.html

I just sent him yesterday a patch correcting soname pbs ;
BTW, this may still be erroneous. You can find the patch at :
http://yam.sortilege.org/debian/patch-libmico-debian-20022905.gz

below are my comments on the patch :
----

The libraries are now named libmico.so.VERSION.
I removed libmico.so when installing the files to force the linker to
reference the good file at linking time. Additionnally, I added the soname
"libmico.so.2.3.7" to the library (-Wl,-h,libmico.so.VERSION passed to g++)
I do want the linker reference specifically this version since 2 versions are
not compatible at runtime. This is not specific to mico.

----

++

--
*   4th year student in Software Engineering    *