Re: Sendmail Milter Configuration

Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net> writes:

> Though I have heard claims to the contrary, it has always been my
> impression that packages are configured in dependency order; [...]

Policy 7.2. is quite clear on this:

     The `Depends' field thus allows package maintainers to impose an order
     in which packages should be configured.

     The meaning of the five dependency fields is as follows:

     `Depends'
          This declares an absolute dependency.  A package will not be
          configured unless all of the packages listed in its `Depends'
          field have been correctly configured.

So a normal dependency should fit Richie fine.

--
Robbe