Local archive tools?

I've asked around a bit, but I still haven't gotton any really useful info
to date, so I'll try here:

debarchiver will build an archive, given the standard files that are made
by dpkg-buildpackage. However, there are a few issues with this:

1) It doesn't appear to use the 'pool' setup that Debian's core does.

2) It has no support (that I can find) for verifying GnuPG signatures.

3) It doesn't appear to be able to use the different queues that are set
   up on the main archive.

However, I cannot find a listed package of the software which is actually
used to do all of these on the main site (references to both dinstall and
katie abound, but neither of them appear to be packaged).

Can someone who understands the underlying setup give me some advice on how
to deal with this? (Note: I realize the feature set I'm after isn't useful
to most folks; I'm running the temporary archive for one of the new-arch
ports which does not yet have space in the main archive, but we'd really
like to be able to do it "just like" the real thing, with the exception of
a few extra limitations).