Re: directory permission not changed by dpkg

Bill Allombert wrote:
> I would like to change the permission of a directory in a new
> version of my package, but it seems that when you upgrade a
> package, dpkg keep the old permissions on directories.

That is correct.

> It is correct ? on purpose ? Where can I find a good documentation
> on dpkg (dpkg-doc has very few information) ?

This particular thing might not be doucmented anywhere except the dpkg
source code.

> Is there a work around ? I can use postinst script, but how can I
> handle downgrade ?

Yep, you have to chmod in the postinst script. To cleanly support
downgrades you would have to add something to your prerm, see the policy
manual.

--
see shy jo