Re: directory permission not changed by dpkg

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:58:42PM +0100, Bill Allombert wrote:
> Is there a work around ? I can use postinst script, but how can I
> handle downgrade ?

{post,pre}{inst,rm} scripts receive the version number of the replaced and
replacing versions as arguments, IIRC.

Use 'dpkg --compare-versions' to decide what to do.

Btw, I'm not addressing whether this is "legal", just that it's possible.

--
Chad Miller <cmiller@surfsouth.com>
<url: http://www.advogato.org/person/cmiller/>