Re: Already present debian directory in upstream sources

On Sun, Feb 10, 2002 at 01:17:32PM +0100, benj@debian.org wrote:

> I'm packaging a piece of software that already has a debian/ subdirectory
> inside upstream sources.  As it is a low quality package (a nearly
> unmodified dh_make generated package), I've rewritten it completely and
> have removed any occurrence of template .ex files as well as README.Debian
> (I don't need it and this one was the dh_make template).

Contact the upstream author (you have probably done this already; if you
haven't, you should anyway) and explain the situation to them.  Ask them to
remove the debian/ directory from their distribution and let you handle the
packaging.

--
 - mdz