Re: ssldump package, key signed, what now?

* nicholas black (dank@havoc.gtf.org) wrote :
> hi there.  i've rolled eric rescorla's ssldump utility (version 0.9b2)
> into a deb.  after using it for a time in our office, i've decided to
> submit it here.
>
> you may find the deb at
> http://gtf.org/~dank/ssldump/ssldump_0.9b2-1_i386.deb
>
> my gpg key is available at finer keystores everywhere (but definitely
> certserver.pgp.com) with id 9a25 286b.  it has been signed into the
> debian developers bloodbond by stevie strickland <sstrick@debian.org>.
>
> so!  what now?

you need to:
(a) find some one to sponsor the package into debian.
(b) read the new maintainers documents -
http://www.debian.org/devel/join/newmaint
(c) if after reading that, you think you want to be a maintainer - you need
to find an advocate - probably the person doing the sponÑ?oring or someone in
debian who has worked with you, and apply at nm.debian.org

Cheers,
-Thom