Re: Can't set architecture in .dsc

On Thu, Jan 24, 2002 at 07:42:38PM -0500, Harry Henry Gebel wrote:

> I tried setting 'Architecture' in the general section of the control file
> as well, but got the following error:
>
> dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown information field Architecture in input
> data in general section of control info file

I was out of my mind.

> And the .dsc still said 'Architecture: any'. How do I set this field
> properly?

dpkg-source generates this field based on the Architecture: fields of the
binary packages.  If all of the packages list Architecture: i386 powerpc,
that will be the field in the .dsc.  If you have any arch: all packages,
though, I believe it ends up being arch: any.  I assume that the build
daemons handle that situation correctly, though.

--
 - mdz