Can't set architecture in .dsc

I am having problems setting the 'Architecture' field in one of my package's
.dsc files. Here is my debian/control:

Source: gnade
Section: libs
Maintainer: Harry Henry Gebel <hgebel@debian.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), gnat, unixodbc-dev, docbook-to-man
Standards-Version: 3.5.6

Package: gnade-dev
Architecture: i386
Section: devel
Depends: libadamysql1 (= ${Source-Version}), ${shlibs:Depends}
Suggests: gnade-doc
 The development files for GNADE, the GNat Ada Database Environment. The
 goal of the GNADE project is to provide all tools and packages necessary
 to create an Ada 95 development environment providing a seamless
 integration of SQL based databases into Ada 95.

Package: libadaodbc1
Architecture: i386
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 This is the runtime library for GNADE, the GNat Ada Database Environment.

Package: libadamysql1
Architecture: i386
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}
 This is the MySQL specific runtime library for the GNat Ada Database
 Environment.

Package: gnade-doc
Section: doc
Architecture: all
 HTML Documentation and example files for GNADE, the GNat Ada Database
 Environment.

And here is the resulting .dsc file:

Format: 1.0
Source: gnade
Version: 1.2.0-4
Binary: gnade-doc, libadamysql1, gnade-dev, libadaodbc1
Maintainer: Harry Henry Gebel <hgebel@debian.org>
Architecture: any
Standards-Version: 3.5.6
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 3.0.0), gnat, unixodbc-dev, docbook-to-man
Files:
 8391e26f919db1455ffdbceb20fa3137 506242 gnade_1.2.0.orig.tar.gz
 798d82fc4ad6c203d786bb8bbb4409b1 4903 gnade_1.2.0-4.diff.gz

gnat is only available for i386, powerpc. and sparc and is generating an
internal compiler error on powerpc and sparc. Until I can find a way around
this error I would like to set the 'Architecture' field to prevent the
powerpc and sparc build demons from wasting their time on the package. I
tried setting 'Architecture' in the general section of the control file as
well, but got the following error:

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown information field Architecture in input
data in general section of control info file

And the .dsc still said 'Architecture: any'. How do I set this field
properly?

--
Harry Henry Gebel
132 Madison Dr                       (302)368-2540(H)  (302)399-8696(M)