Re: QUestions about packaging debian .debs

On 19 Jan 2002, Scott wrote:

> First question (of many to come):  using dpkg-buidpackage, I use the
> option -k<gpg key id> and sign the package successfully (I think).  How
> on earth do I check to see if the .deb is signed and correctly signed?
> During the process of the build, it asks me for my secret key/code and
> it says it was successful but I do not see my (gpg) signature anywhere.

At the moment .debs themselves are nt signed just the .changes file.  If
you don't see your signature in that, something went wrong.

> Second question:  I am making a .deb that is for any platform (it is a
> perl script/config files.  But when I do the dpkg-buidpackage it makes
> the deb blahblahblah_i386.deb although in the config files I have stated
> that is for any platform.  What am I doing wrong?

"any" means "fill in the architecture at build time"  You want "all" which
means "works on all architectures."

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>