Re: Open Motif

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 02:24:23PM +0100, Stefan Schwandter wrote:
> Bastian Kleineidam wrote:

> > Some people might not want to install the non-free libmotif, but want
> > to have your package.

> Ok. So my package should contain 2 binary packages, one linked
> statically and one dynamically, but both to libmotif. I don't have to
> make a version with lesstif, do I?

You do not.  However, if your program is DFSG-compliant, but links
against OpenMotif, then it must go in contrib.  If you link it against
Lestif instead, it can be uploaded to main.

If you build both Lestif and Motif binaries from the same source
package, they both still have to go in contrib, because of a Build-Dep
on non-free code...

Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer