Re: glk packages

On Fri, Nov 09, 2001 at 03:55:03PM +0000, David Given wrote:
> ...which reminds me; I have a question I've been wanting to ask. Am I
> allowed non conffiles in /etc?

Yes, but they should still be managed as configuration files (i.e. if
the user changes them those changes should be preserved). See policy
11.7. If you decide to make them configuration files but not conffiles,
they can't be in /etc in the .deb, but generated from maintainer scripts
instead.

> Each of my glk implementations wants to install a file in
> /etc/glkloader.d so that glkloader can find them. But I want the file
> to be removed again when the implementation is removed, and I don't
> think conffiles are ever removed.

Conffiles are removed when the package is purged. Configuration files
should behave the same way (i.e. remove them in 'postrm purge').