Re: trouble with HTML changelogs and SGML catalogs

Colin Walters <walters@verbum.org> writes:

> Right, I am currently converting it to text and including that.  But
> my problem is that policy says specifically that the HTML changelog
> should be named 'changelog.html.gz' (and presumably be in the
> top-level of the doc directory).  But naming it that would break the
> hyperlinks.

You could try piping the files through
  sed 's|changelog/index\.html|changelog.html.gz|g'
while installing...

> Right now I'm just copying all those subdirectories to
> /usr/share/doc/xml-resume-library.  So should I do:
>
> cp changelog/index.html changelog.html && gzip -9qf changelog.html
>
> ...in addition to having the changelog available as
> changelog/index.html?

No, that would completely defeat the point of compressing. If you
don't want to sed, I think symlinking changelog/index.html to
changelog.html and overriding lintian is ok.

--
Robbe