Re: dpkg-shlibdeps strange messages and lintian error (rpath)

Othmar Pasteka <pasteka@kabsi.at> writes:

> > > dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: format of libmla_mdata_netmask.so not
> > > recognized
> > Do ldd and objdump -p work correctly on the files?
>
> yes they do afaict

Ah, I see clearly now: dpkg-shlibdeps means that the format of the
*name* of libmla_mdata_netmask.so is not recognized. (This error could
benefit from quotes or a better wording.) I.e. it does not fall in the
libfoo.so.0.1.2 pattern.

If libmla_mdata_netmask.so does not need versioning because it is only
ever used by the package that provides it, that can be safely ignored.
Since the .so is hidden away in some subdir of /usr/lib, you should be
ok.

--
Robbe