Re: Shell scripts as conffiles and /usr

Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta <agi@agi.as> writes:

> Should I make them conffiles?

Either that. Or seperate the things that an admin would likely tune
into a conffile that is sourced by the script. The latter is
appropriate for large scripts containing only small "user-servicable"
parts.

> In affirmative case, these scripts are in /usr/sbin and lintian claims
> that no conffile should be there. Should I move them to /etc/fwlogwatch
> or write an override? (I think the former is better)

Correct, overrides are only appropriate if lintian misdetects
something and fixing lintian is not easily done. Putting a conffile
into /usr/sbin would be against policy 11.7.2.

--
Robbe