Re: new maintainers DAM approval time

Quoting Andres Seco Hernandez <AndresSH@alamin.org> [13 Sep-01 14:46]:
> This is an example:
>
> Gustavo Franco <stratus at alternex.com.br> AM recomends to DAM on 2001-08-30
>   but no account created today (2001-09-13).
> Ludovic Drolez <ldrolez at free.fr> AM recomends to DAM on 2001-08-20
>   account created on 2001-08-22
>
> I can't realize why some people is proccesed before other, that is, why
> somebody overtakes others?

The keyword is 'recommends', the final decision is up to the DAM, for
which the recommendation is one parameter. The account manager might
find the recommendation incomplete, or otherwise find the applicant
unsuitable (for example, checking mailing list archives and finding
material which maybe reveals that the applicant is a h4x0r). Or maybe
he disagrees with the judgement of the AM.

The delay for some people (and esp. the lack of reasons thereof)
at the DAM stage has been discussed quite a lot, check the
archives of -devel, for example.

++Stefan