Re: Lost sources.list - can it be recovered?

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 09:24:42PM -0600, Neil Glenn wrote:
> I thought I had built up a nice sources.list over the months. I went for
> the draw, but too quickly shot myself in the foot. Ouch! Now I have no
> sources.list file. (And I was not practising safe computing - no
> backup!)

I'm pretty confused at what you mean by "nice" sources.list.

You are aware that every entry in sources.list gives someone else root access
to your computer, right?

This cavalier attitude toward sources.list is going to get someone in trouble
someday, perhaps it's time to put a warning at the top of the file.  We
should urge people to keep their sources.list limited to local apt
repositories and debian.org hosts, or at least warn them of what could happen
if they put third party apt repositories in there.

--Adam

--
Adam McKenna  <adam@debian.org>  <adam@flounder.net>