Re: Processed: glimpse package is no longer in the Debian archive

On Sun, Sep 02, 2001 at 02:26:03PM +0200, Martin Albert wrote:
> > > Using 'close' to close bugs, especially those which arn't really
> > > fixed but just no longer useful, is WRONG. The submitter only gets
> > >
> > > If this abuse continues, I might just exercise my ability to
> > > disable the close command in the control bot one day...
> >
> > Do it. There's not much reason to use the close command, when
> > you can just email -done.
>
> Hmm, don't know wether i'm doing the right thing, but i'm currently
> mailing submitters (and NMUers) to tell them that i close the bug with
> the upload.
> I like to have the close in the cangelog when it is really related to
> an entry there.

What? What changelog? We weren't talking about that.

> And as one of
> >> People! Yes, you, newbies who haven't read the BTS documentation!
> having read the BTS docs i still have a documentation problem when it
> comes to deal with bugs correctly.

Quoting http://www.at.debian.org/Bugs/Developer

Closing bug reports

   A developer who receives a bug from the tracking system, or sees it on
   debian-bugs-dist, and takes responsibility for it should hit Reply in
   their favourite mailreader, and then edit the To field to say
   nnn-done@bugs.debian.org instead of nnn@bugs (nnn-close is provided as an
   alias for nnn-done).

Is there a problem with that?

--