Creating a device file unknown to MAKEDEV

Hi,

I am currently packaging the Mac-on-Linux emulator mol.  For network
access, mol needs a device file called sheep_net, which I would like
to create during postinst.  However, this device is unknown to
MAKEDEV, while Debian policy is quite clear about device files:

   If a package needs any special device files that are not included
   in the base system, it must call MAKEDEV in the postinst script,
   after asking the user for permission to do so.

Could some kind soul help me to solve this dilemma?

TIA, Jens.

--
J'qbpbe, le m'en fquz pe j'qbpbe!