Re: Lintian errors and warnings

Carlos Laviola <claviola@ajato.com.br> writes:

> Call strip with '--strip-unneeded' in your debian/rules to strip
> these sections out of the binaries when building the package.

     Thanks to both of you.  I have always used the -s option for
install, which obviously doesn't do enough.  As I mentioned, neither
.note or .comment appears in either the binaries or the source.  Are
these sections automatically created by the compiler?  What are these
sections for?  If lintian objects to them, shouldn't policy mention
stripping them?

> (btw, consider running lintian in verbose mode (with -v), it would
> have explained you that.)

     I know about lintian -v, but never think of it when I have
lintian problems.  :-)

Bob
--
   _