Lintian errors and warnings

     I am preparing a new release of dictd.  Lintian gives the
following warnings:

W: dictd: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/bin/dictzip .note
W: dictd: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/bin/dictzip .comment
W: dictd: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/sbin/dictd .note
W: dictd: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/sbin/dictd .comment
W: dict: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/bin/dict .note
W: dict: binary-has-unneeded-section ./usr/bin/dict .comment

     Is this a known bug in lintian?  I have run strings(1) on these
binaries, and have searched the source code for each, and neither
.note or .comment appears in any of them.

     I have added symlinks from /usr/bin/dictunzip and
/usr/bin/dictzcat to /usr/bin/dictzip.  The manpage for dictzip
includes the following:

NAME
       dictzip, dictunzip, dictzcat - compress (or expand) files,
       allowing random access

SYNOPSIS
       dictzip [options] name
       dictunzip [options] name
       dictzcat name

     The commands man dictunzip and man dictzcat properly display this
manpage, but lintian gives the following errors:

E: dictd: binary-without-manpage dictunzip
E: dictd: binary-without-manpage dictzcat

     The gzip package has a similar situation with gunzip and zcat,
but it has created gunzip.1 and zcat.1 as hardlinks to gzip.1.  Since
man can deal with a manpage with multiple names, this seems like an
unnecessary complication.  Should I ask the lintian maintainer for an
override, or what should I do with this?

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard      <hilliard@debian.org>