Policy Questions: Example files in /usr/share/doc

Hi,

the policy upgrading checklist says:

|      - Files in /usr/share/doc may not be referenced by any
|        program. If such files are needed, they must be placed in
|        /usr/share/package-name/, and symbolic links created as required
|        in /usr/share/doc/package-name/

Does "any program" include postinst scripts? It is common practice to
put the default config file in /usr/share/doc and copy it to the final
destination in the postinst if a file of that name is not already
there.

I would be forced to move these files to /usr/share, and to add
special code to my maintainer scripts to link them to /usr/share/doc.
Or would it be a possible way not to put the default config files to
/usr/share/doc/$package? Where to put "real" examples that are not
accessed by maintainer scripts?

Greetings
Marc