Re: dpkg-source unhappy

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 04:11:40PM -0400, Gopal Narayanan wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 03:09:08AM +0200, ericvb@debian.org wrote:
>
> > dpkg-source: error: per-package paragraph 2 in control info file is missing Package line
>
> The error it points to is the missing second paragraph in the
> description.
>

> > I can't find the error, my control file is 'normal' :
> >
> > [eric@femto:~/debian/s25manager-0.82]$ less debian/control
> > Source: s25manager
> > Section: main/comm
> > Maintainer: Eric Van Buggenhaut <ericvb@debian.org>
> > Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 2.0.0)
> > Standards-Version: 3.2.1
> >
> > Package: s25manager
> > Architecture: all
> > Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, tcl8.0 | tcl8.2
> >  s25manager is a GUI manager for the S25 series (S25, M35, M35i, ...) Siemens cell phones. It backs up and restores phonebooks, upload logos and midi files, ...
>
> Here is the problem. First you should stop the line wrap. Ending the
> paragraph with ... makes dpkg-source think that a second paragraph is
> forthcoming. Remove the 3 periods.

Thanks for your reply. It didn't help though (or I misunderstood you). Here's
the new debian/control file :

$less debian/s25manager-0.82/debian/control

Source: s25manager
Section: main/comm
Maintainer: Eric Van Buggenhaut <ericvb@debian.org>
Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 2.0.0)
Standards-Version: 3.2.1

Package: s25manager
Architecture: all
Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, tcl8.2
 S25manager is a GUI manager for the S25 series (S25, M35, M35i, etc) Siemens cell phones. It backs up and restores phonebooks, upload logos and midi files, etc.

But dpkg-buildpackage reports the same problem

[...]

dpkg-source -b s25manager-0.82
dpkg-source: error: per-package paragraph 2 in control info file is missing Package line

--
Eric VAN BUGGENHAUT

Eric.VanBuggenhaut@AdValvas.be