Re: dpkg-source unhappy

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 03:09:08AM +0200, ericvb@debian.org wrote:

> dpkg-source: error: per-package paragraph 2 in control info file is missing Package line

The error it points to is the missing second paragraph in the
description.

> I can't find the error, my control file is 'normal' :
>
> [eric@femto:~/debian/s25manager-0.82]$ less debian/control
> Source: s25manager
> Section: main/comm
> Maintainer: Eric Van Buggenhaut <ericvb@debian.org>
> Build-Depends: debhelper (>> 2.0.0)
> Standards-Version: 3.2.1
>
> Package: s25manager
> Architecture: all
> Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, tcl8.0 | tcl8.2
>  s25manager is a GUI manager for the S25 series (S25, M35, M35i, ...) Siemens cell phones. It backs up and restores phonebooks, upload logos and midi files, ...

Here is the problem. First you should stop the line wrap. Ending the
paragraph with ... makes dpkg-source think that a second paragraph is
forthcoming. Remove the 3 periods.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>
Debian GNU/Linux Developer