Re: Advice needed on changing upstream source.

> I have a problem.  The Webmin distribution consists of various modules.
> It has periodic numbered releases.  It also has unnumbered updates of
> individual modules between releases for bug fixes etc.  What do I do?

0. Complain to upstream and ask them to make an official patch-level
   number for these updates.  1.2.3 with the third update patch should
   be called 1.2.3pl3.

> 5.  Invent my own versioning scheme

If they don't want to officialize the patch-level numbers, go ahead and
do it yourself.  The meaning is clear enough.  If I see 1.2.3pl3, I know
that it's the official 1.2.3 with extra stuff added.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Eric