Re: dupload on debian machines?

Hamish Moffatt <hamish@debian.org> writes:

> On Fri, Jan 12, 2001 at 11:56:42PM +0100, Andreas Schuldei wrote:
> > and yes, I have a dupload.conf in that directory and a
> > ~/.dupload.conf:
> Weird. dupload(1) says that should work. It's a perl script,
> so maybe you can debug it?

The relevant lines from dupload are:

configure(
        "/etc/dupload.conf",
        $ENV{HOME} && "$ENV{HOME}/.dupload.conf",
        "./dupload.conf");

#...

sub configure(@) {
        my @conffiles = @_;
        my @read = ();
        foreach (@conffiles) {
                -r or next;
                do $_ or fatal("$@\n");
                push @read, $_;
        }
        @read or fatal("No configuration files\n");
}

configure() tests each of its arguments for read access, then tries to
evaluate them as perl, and throws a fatal error if none of them could
be read and parsed successfully.  (See the output of "perldoc -f do"
for more information on this use of perl's C<do> ``function''.)

What appears to be happening is that files read in by configure() need
double-quotes on hash keys that would otherwise cause a parse error,
which is not reported correctly by configure() because it doesn't test
the result of the C<do>.

In short, change your dupload.conf to refer to something like:

$cfg{"ftp-master"} = ...

NOT

$cfg{ftp-master}

I'll be filing a bug with a patch against dupload in short order.

Cheers,

jason
--
``Banks *are* bastards.'' -- John Laws