Re: different sizes for same upstream tarball

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:00:11PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> .orig.tar.gz should never change between debian revisions. Pre-pool
> dinstall used to allow it, which sucked. dinstall no longer allows it.
> Since a debian revision is just a debian revision, the upstream
> code (ie the contents of .orig.tar.gz) should not change.

> Admittedly your reasons for asking about this are different Jason.
> I don't know what the solution is to satisfy cvs-buildpackage.

The solution is to download the pristine tarball from a mirror and put
it where cvs-buildpackage exports the package before building it.

I've just built a new version of byacc that way, and the .changes and
.dsc file look correct, but I suppose the real test is whether dinstall
will be happy.

I think it will be.

jason
--