dependencies

I'm trying to make a deb for an X program. What I'd like to do is make two version of the deb: one for people running unstable (already did this successfully) and one that people running stable can use. I can't figure out how to do the latter: I can't figure out how not to make the package depend on version 4 of the X libraries. Is this possible?

I'm running unstable (obviously).

Thanks, Joshua

(please CC replies to me, I'm not subscribed to the list because I'm away from my main e-mail address, and I don't fancy reading a mailing list with a hotmail account)