Re: XF86 configuration

#include <hallo.h>
MrHobbit420@aol.com wrote on Mon Jan 01, 2001 um 12:08:52PM:

>   1. My Video card is NVIDIA Riva TNT2 model 64.  In the installation process
> "anxious" failed to identify the video card.  However after installation,

Anxiou's database can not include really ALL cards out there.

> saying NVIDIA Riva  and chipset TNT2.  Am I making the correct choice ?

It should work.

> how come anxious can't find it then ?

s.a. The video cards are detected using thier PCI id strings.
Unfortunately, the card manufacturer chooses the id of a model, and it
has often nothing to do with the used chipset. So, each model has to be
included in the database in order to autodetect them later.

>  2. I have a MS PS/2 mouse with a two button and a little scroll wheel in the
> middle. I selected PS/2 mouse.  But I am only guessing when it asks about
> the specific device for the mouse. The default is /dev/mouse, I tried that,
> and
> it gave an error saying "mouse not found".  Next time I tried /dev/tty0 then

I assume, you have an Intelli Mouse, so use IMPS/2 instead. And PS/2 is
/dev/psaux, not the serial line (tty).

Gr{us,eeting}s,
Eduard.
Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>; HP: http://eduard.bloch.com/edecosi
0xEDF008C5(GnuPG): E6EB 98E2 B885 8FF0 6C04 5C1D E106 481E EDF0 08C5