XF86 configuration

Hi,
    I am new to linux and to debian 2.2r2, currently struggling to configure
Xf86.
Questions :

  1. My Video card is NVIDIA Riva TNT2 model 64.  In the installation process
"anxious" failed to identify the video card.  However after installation,
while I
am trying to configure xf86, the list of video cards provided contains one
card
saying NVIDIA Riva  and chipset TNT2.  Am I making the correct choice ?
how come anxious can't find it then ?

 2. I have a MS PS/2 mouse with a two button and a little scroll wheel in the
middle. I selected PS/2 mouse.  But I am only guessing when it asks about
the specific device for the mouse. The default is /dev/mouse, I tried that,
and
it gave an error saying "mouse not found".  Next time I tried /dev/tty0 then
also
mouse wasn't identified.

   Please help. Thanks.
                nitai