Re: why did the ocaml package not enter woody ?

Henning Niss <hniss-debian@diku.dk> writes:

> Indeed it seems that lablgtk which depends on an exact version of
> ocaml (at least on some architectures) may be the culprit. From
> update_excuses.html:
>
>      * lablgtk (- to 1.2.1-3)
[...]
>           + lablgtk (source, alpha, arm, hppa, i386, ia64, m68k, mips,
>             mipsel, powerpc, s390, sparc) is buggy! (1 > 0)
[...]
> Might this be the reason?

Shouldn't be. What I said only applies to packages which are already
in testing -- lablgtk is not.

(... later ...)

The only packages in testing which depend on
"ocaml (>= 3.01), ocaml (<< 3.02)" and which would be made
uninstallable unless they are unpgraded in the same run are:
lablgl, mlgtk, ocaml-tools, ocamltk.

These are all "Valid candidates" though, so my hypothesis seems not to
apply.

--
Robbe