Re: dpkg-source -i on debian native packages

Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> writes:

> On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 05:16:27PM +0100, Christian Surchi wrote:
> > On Sun, Nov 25, 2001 at 02:59:03PM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> > > The problem is that I have a debian native package (so no .diff.gz) that
> > > came from a CVS repository and I'm guessing if there is a way to not
> > > delete by hand CVS and .cvs... files each time I check out to build the
> > > package.
> >
> > but are you using cvs-buildpackage?
>
> No, I had a rapid look at it, and I still prefer to work "by hand".
> Anyway, this is a general problem: how to remove some kind of files from
> a debian native package source tree.

IMHO, CVS files should never part of a .tar.gz.

With automake you can do:

dist-hook:
	find $(distdir) -type d -name CVS -print | xargs rm -rf

Ciao
        Racke

--
Die Erde bleibt keine Scheibe. --- The earth remains no disk.

For projects and other business stuff please refer to COBOLT NetServices