Help on policy

Title: Help on policy

I'm at present playing with a couple of Sinclair Spectrum emulator and would like to debianize them both.
But here's the problem.
Like all computer emulator, they need the original Spectrum roms. They can be freely distributed with emulator, but Amstrad still owns the copyright, so I can't consider them "free" according to the policy.

What should I do regarding to the section? The packages are both GPL'd and they could be considered main-able, but strongly depends from the non-free roms.

What would be best?
1. A non-free debian package including both sources and needed roms
2. Two debian packages: a contrib one including the source and a non-free one with the roms only

Please note that it's a really weird situation: the programs can be built without the roms, but they can't run without them!

Thanks in advance for any (welcome!) suggestion.
Cesare.