multiple tcl/tk -dev versions ???

Hello, ...

I have a package that i make build-depend on tcl/tk-dev 8.3, but the configure
process will check for the tcl/tk presence, and get one if available.

It will check for various other versions before 8.3.

I build thepackages with only 8.3 installed, since Mike Markley, the tcl/tk
maintainer told me the older ones should be phased out, and everything works
fine ...

Now, i have problem from some autobuilders (s390), as well as for self build on
paer (hppa).

I don't really know the problem with the s390 autobuilder, but it built with
tcl/tk 8.2, and i know that paer has the 8.0, 8.2 and 8.3 -dev packages
installed at least, which causes the configure script to detect 8.0, and later
fail because the files are not in the detected place.

Now, i thought only one of the tcl/tk devel packages should have been
installed at any one time, so what happens here seems very strange. But then i
may be wrong.

What should i do in this case (maybe i should upload a new package, with a
hacked configure script, which would use only 8.3 ?)

Friendly,

Sven Luther