Adding a specific unrecognized lib to shlibs using debhelper?

Sorry if that's an FAQ. I searched some on archives and didn't find what I
wanted. The next release of ICU may have a library

             /usr/lib/libicudt20l.so

which is not recognized by dh_makeshlibs because it has the wrong naming
convention. As a result lintian complains my package contains a lib that is
not I shlibs (nor md5sums). How can I add it? I tried having an shlibs.local
but this describes properly named libraries, so...

I am working upstream (I am one of the developers, but we need consensus for
such changes) to fix that but if I can't, what can I do besides always
carrying a diff to rename this library in the build? How can I make the
package list it?

Thanks,
YA
--
My opinions do not necessarily reflect my company's.
The opposite is also true.