Re: lintian + man page question

On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 12:56:57PM -0800, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> 1. is there a way to get past the manpage requirement?   is there some way
>    of linking to the "undocumented" man page?

Yes, but if you read undocumented(7) it says "this is here because it's
a bug, there should be something in the BTS.".  Violating the spirit of
the policy is still viloating the policy :-) .

> 2. is it ok to include my placeholder manpage with the deb package?  it
>    really doesn't give any useful information at all.   just gives the app
>    name, installed files and the author.

It would be better to write a more complete manual page or at least
include basic information such as what the program does and a reference
pointing at the actual documentation.  If the man page is too useless
and people look at it you're likely to get bugs complaining about its
inadequacy.