Applicant w/ package

Hi ppl in this nice list :)
Im looking to be an applicant to debian developer. It seems i need an
advocate... I want more info on how to get someone know about me..
I have packaged mplayer (the video player for X) with gui support and a
default skin, ready to be used. The only thing left out are the win32
codecs because i'm not sure if i should be able to package em (license
restrictions or something). Anyway im contacting the mplayer author
rigth now to know if that can be packaged.
Well hope to get some help from here, since #debian wasnt much help :(
Have a nice day all,
--ReivaX