Re: New Lintian errors/warnings

"Sean 'Shaleh' Perry" <shalehperry@home.com> writes:

> another thought here.  If you actually MUST have libucxx0 (= 1.2) or whatever
> then the library is not doing its job and defining the soname correctly and
> perhaps libucxx0 is the wrong name.  The whole point of SONAMEs is that the
> library may have minor changes but the interface isnt changing.  Hence gtk1.2,
> there were many releases for 1.2 but all were the same from a programmers
> perspective.

Yes, I know about soname et al, but the library is in an 'alpha' state
and i will leave soname '0' as long as it is, since the API changes
in almost every version and I don't want to change the package names
each new release.

Regards, Andy
--
Andreas Rottmann         | Dru@ICQ        | 118634484@ICQ | a.rottmann@gmx.at
Georg-Rendlweg 28        | A-5111 Bürmoos | Austria       | Europe