Re: dupload oddities

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 11:04:12AM +0200, Abraham vd Merwe wrote:
> I'm struggling to upload a new revision of a package.
>
> Since this is a new revision, if I dupload dietlibc_0.11-2_i386.changes it
> won't upload the original tarball which is fine, except that somehow, the
> first revision in pool directory looks like this:
>
>    dietlibc_0.11-1.dsc
>    dietlibc_0.11-1.tar.gz
>    dietlibc-dev_0.11-1_i386.deb
>    dietlibc-dev_0.11-1_mips.deb
>    dietlibc-dev_0.11-1_sparc.deb
>
> which causes the upload to be rejected since there is no
> dietlibc_0.11.orig.tar.gz:
>
> Any ideas how I can get the original tarball there so the upload won't be
> rejected? And also, why did the original tarbal and diff get merged in the
> pool?

Blunty, you screwed up the 0.11-1 build. Bump the upstream version
number (append a + or something) and upload that.

Most likely when building the first one you forgot to rename the
.tar.gz to .orig.tar.gz.

 : :' :                         | Dept. of Computing,
 `. `'                          | Imperial College,
   `-    http://www.debian.org/ | London, UK