Re: closes: in changelog and closing bug reports...

On 30-Oct-2001 Hugo van der Merwe wrote:
> I have the following in my changelog:
>
>   * New maintainer (closes: #98251)
>   * Install upstream man page (closes: #93474)
>   * Removed Suggests: wmaker (closes: #82998)
>
> however the bugs weren't closed automatically. Might it be because of:
>
>   * Not uploaded, found new upstream release
>
> (I made another new version, and only uploaded then. So this was never
> the "topmost paragraph". Might that be the problem?)
>
> I guess I should just close them "by hand" then, but am wondering why
> this happens, is "Closes:" case sensitive?

dinstall only closes the bugs in the latest release.  So if you have:

foo (1.0-2)
  * closes: #111

-- Me  Tue 30 Oct 2001

foo (1.0-1)
  * closes: #110

-- Me  Sat 27 Oct 2001

Only #111 will be closed.  So, either fold them into one release next time or
close the bugs by hand as you did.  The closes syntax is not cases sensitive at
all.  It just looks for m/closes:\s*\#\d+/i.