Re: closes: in changelog and closing bug reports...

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 10:55:02PM +0200, Hugo van der Merwe wrote:

> (I made another new version, and only uploaded then. So this was never
> the "topmost paragraph". Might that be the problem?)

Yes.  The bugs that are closed are those where the changelog entry is
included in the changes file for the upload.  Unless you use the -v
option to dpkg-genchanges or equivalent this will only be the last
entry.

The bugs that are closed are actually those listed in the Closes:
section of the changes file for the upload - you can look at that prior
to upload to check which bugs will be closed.

> I guess I should just close them "by hand" then, but am wondering why
> this happens, is "Closes:" case sensitive?

No.