Re: [BTS] Bug number $bug not found.

Josip Rodin dijo:
> That's primarily because it's worked like this for years, and because people
> shouldn't ever need this as the bugs shouldn't get wrongly closed and then
> neglected for a month. Theoretically, bugs shouldn't reappear in newer
> releases of software, too :)

IMNSHO, the bug is fixed and dealt with. :-)
It just happened again in another arch. Wich is driving me nuts.

> Besides, then we'd have to adjust the age of the bug, and then we'd have a
> discrepancy between the dates on the logged e-mails and that time counter.
>
> Not to mention the mess this would cause with merged bugs, which are already
> badly handled in some cases (reopening causes all submitters to merge, or
> something like that; it's been filed).

Ok, now I see the reason for it and I see it's a reasonable implementation.
(Now I am overwhelmed by the use of reason twice in the same sentence) :-)
Thank you.

> And because it requires work to implement it, of course ;)

And probably not worth it. I can always file it again as other people have
suggested. If upstream manages to find a long term solution I will not file it
again.

--
 .''`. Email debates are a vast conspiracy to waste time. In short: get a life
: :' : 	                                                    - Nat Torkington -