Re: [BTS] Bug number $bug not found.

On Fri, Oct 26, 2001 at 05:27:25PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > I am trying to reopen a bug, tag it and merge it with a more recent one.
> > This is the answer I get from the BTS:
> [...]
> > I guess it's older than 28 days, but... can't I access it anymore?
>
> Unfortunately not, although the BTS administrators seem to consider this
> a feature request rather than a bug report. See #103803.

That's primarily because it's worked like this for years, and because people
shouldn't ever need this as the bugs shouldn't get wrongly closed and then
neglected for a month. Theoretically, bugs shouldn't reappear in newer
releases of software, too :)

Besides, then we'd have to adjust the age of the bug, and then we'd have a
discrepancy between the dates on the logged e-mails and that time counter.

Not to mention the mess this would cause with merged bugs, which are already
badly handled in some cases (reopening causes all submitters to merge, or
something like that; it's been filed).

And because it requires work to implement it, of course ;)

--
     2. That which causes joy or happiness.